How To Send The Perfect DM
Social media is a powerful tool to grow your business by connecting with your audience on a personal level. Engaging with your market in the comments and with interactive stories is fantastic, but what if you want to take it a step further? Marketing your brand through direct message on social media is tricky because there is a fine line between giving value and being written off as spam.
Here is a quick checklist to follow to make sure you capture your audience's attention and not get blocked!
- Start with a compliment: Be genuine. People are more receptive after make them feel good about themselves. Try complimenting a specific detail on their profile, the quality of their content, or the attractiveness of their visuals.
- Be professional. Even though it is social media, grammar matters. Being professional builds trust amongst your audience, and they will be more inclined to spend money on your products.
- Be Clear and Concise. If your message is too long, people will delete it without giving it a second thought. Be sure to get your points across in a clear, easy to read format. Please keep it simple.
- Include Next Steps. Have a Call-to-Action gives your audience direction on what they should do with the knowledge you shared. It can be as simple as adding a link to your website. To make the interaction even more personal, try sending them a link to a product you think they'd like based on the few minutes of research you did on their profile.
- Include A Gift! This point is similar to the last point but takes your DM to the next level. Offer them a valuable promo code that is "just for them"! Your chances of securing a sale will increase significantly. If nothing else, your website traffic will improve, and they will see your products even if they aren't ready to buy.
Feeling more confident in your ability to market your brand? Join our community, the Bougie Business Bunch Membership for exclusive access to more insider info on growing your brand, financial freedom, and so much more!